View Single Post
Old 23-12-2008, 23:39   #8
Henry Morton
I am Banned

Re: League Position!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Just took a look at the table and to be honest it does not make good reading If it were not for the 3 minus teams we would be 22nd place and just 3 points above the drop zone. For a team that has always improved season on season and in their 3rd season back in the Football League it is not good enough What happens next season if nobody goes into administration?? What do we do then.We have to start getting some results(Chester/Grimsby for starters)and give us the fans something to shout about.

Hello, Valairian.
We haven't met (I think) but I can immediately strike a rapport with someone who clearly cares so much about the future of Accrington Stanley.

The several questions which you pose are very relevant to the Club's future, but I don't think that they are original.

At the beginning of this season it was clear that the performances of Luton, Bournemouth and Rotherham would be crucial to Stanley's position at the end.

There are very clever people called 'actuaries' who make their money by advising upon the insuring of risks such as this, but I am not one of them.

If I was a gambler (which I'm not) I'd put my money on that astonishing man, that unique person in the history of Accrington Stanley, that human computer (because ordinary computers don't swear) , that splendid fellow called Eric Whalley.

Eric and his colleagues would have had it all worked out many months ago, and I trust that the season will finish exactly as planned, with minimum capital outlay.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote