View Single Post
Old 24-12-2008, 08:16   #9
VALAIRIAN
God Member

Re: League Position!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton View Post
Hello, Valairian.
We haven't met (I think) but I can immediately strike a rapport with someone who clearly cares so much about the future of Accrington Stanley.

The several questions which you pose are very relevant to the Club's future, but I don't think that they are original.

At the beginning of this season it was clear that the performances of Luton, Bournemouth and Rotherham would be crucial to Stanley's position at the end.

There are very clever people called 'actuaries' who make their money by advising upon the insuring of risks such as this, but I am not one of them.

If I was a gambler (which I'm not) I'd put my money on that astonishing man, that unique person in the history of Accrington Stanley, that human computer (because ordinary computers don't swear) , that splendid fellow called Eric Whalley.

Eric and his colleagues would have had it all worked out many months ago, and I trust that the season will finish exactly as planned, with minimum capital outlay.
Mr Morton,
I believe also that we have not met, unless we have brushed shoulders in The Clayton End!

I have to agree with most of what you have posted(I have myself had very similar thoughts/conversations with a fellow football fan - a Shots fan - about the minus points Teams and King Coley's thoughts of final position and as you put it out lay.)

The reason for my post is the final couple of lines - What about next season - We started off this season OK(apart from The Shots defeat) playing and passing well, The Vale/Macc, but we have fizzeled out to same old same old! Hope that your thought about King Coley and Sir Swearalot are correct and that in our 4th season back in the Football League, we are replying to posts about going straight up or settling for the play offs !!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote