View Single Post
Old 28-12-2008, 15:05   #49
magpie
Resting in Peace

Re: just heard this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I suppose it depends on what type of murder you are referring to I guess. Obviously in areas with gang crime you will get more murder by stabbing for instance, and the odd gun crime.

I reckon its a given that you get more middle class people killed with shotguns

I studied sociology at college though and recall how statistics like that are manipulated by people to make it look like there are drastic differences in the numbers between classes, but murder, rape, and other high end crimes only make up a small percentage of our crime rate in the first place and the small the number the less the percentages are that different.

I don't think it particularly matters what class you are though when someone is on a serial killing spree, so we've all got a chance. Same with terrorist attacks.

And I can see why poorer people may commit crime, but I don't see why poor people would be the targets... its not like they have anything substantial to take... the only benefit is poorer security I guess. Don't hear of many homeless people getting mugged though.

What is it like on your pink cloud..... Homeless people have nothing worth stealing...

What about drugs... alcohol , their makeshift beds and bedding ...the clothes on their backs even: also some very sad people out there think its a laugh to kill them: set fire to them: rape them the list is endless: and all crime related... though often not reported ( its not good for the police to have un-detected crimes on their books)

I studied sociology at college ( have you ? )
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote