View Single Post
Old 28-12-2008, 21:26   #166
shakermaker
God Member

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

People, please stop with the ridiculous elitism. It's nonsense. I actually can't believe the phrase "unless you are one of us" was used... Christ! Here's me thinking we are all Stanley!! Or half Stanley... half Liverpool, at least.
The first Stanley game I can remember I was in the cow sheds. I was behind the goals sometimes with my mates, back when you could change ends at half time I also remember the Crown Ground before the North stand was built. I stood there sometimes with the old fellas, and duly the North stand still doesn't "feel" (might as well join in with it) like a part of the ground to me. I now regularly sit with my family in front of the press section and that is 'my' place. At some point, if we are lucky enough to have a team so successful, 'my' place may need to make way for a permanent press area that won't be filled or something just as ridiculous ordered by the league.
Stanley fans will appreciate that this has to be, and concede the rather odd feelings without kicking up a fuss. For my Gran and others who were lucky enough to see games at Peel Park, the Crown Ground/FES won't "feel" the same, but they put the Red first and enjoy the fact that we are back in the league where we belong.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web