Thread: Pilky Buses
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2004, 22:39   #33
Busman747
Always EVIL within us

Re: Pilky Buses

Pilkies buses have just gone through a thoroughly unfair slagging by the local papers which have obviously influenced the people that read their rubbish. and they say that ignorance is bliss - -

If their buses had an 81% failure rate, this would be unacceptable but for those not in the know, I would like to point out that the "MoT" is carried out by the Ministry and NOT by the local garage like your average car.

I have known coaches to fail because a sign on the courier seat read "crew use only" What is wrong with that? According to strict Ministry rules it should read "for crew use only" or maybe an emergency door that they deem as being "too stiff" when opening!

Talking of emergency doors, one of the "major" defects reported by the papers [/B]was[B]a faulty door, but if the report was properly reported, it would read that the alarm did not sound in the cockpit (ie: where the driver sits) when the emergency door is opened. Hardly a deathtrap but a certain failure as far as the Ministry are concerned!

Another cause of failure is if the interior or exterior is not clean. All PCV's require steam cleaning underthe vehicle before its test or automatic failure.

This is just a couple of small examples of how strict the Ministry are.

WOULD YOUR CAR PASS SUCH CLOSE SCRUTINY!!

I would not say that Pilkies should not be punished as they are fully aware of the standards required, but in the majority of similar cases I am aware of, the companies concerned have had a percentage of their "O" licenses withdrawn leaving them with a smaller fleet until they get their act together and rethink their maintenance problems.
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote