View Single Post
Old 29-12-2008, 15:23   #37
cherokee
God Member

Re: Would you give permission for your childs pic to go public?

Safety measures to protect against what? It's not intended to sound confrontational- I genuinely don't know why I should worry about attaching a picture of my nine-year-old son to this thread. If you could explain why I'd be increasing the risk of something bad happening to him or to our family, I'd be grateful.[/quote]

Safety measures to protesct against whose going to be viewing! Lets say for instance facebook, you can have settings in place to choose who views your profile, homepage etc etc. I choose who I want to see my pics on facebook so unless our computer whizzes know of a way to access them (and Im sure most do )they stay within the limits I want them to.

Like I have said It is my personal opinion on this bit inparticular but you have said it yourself. " who has bothered to ask the child what they want"? although at such a young age they dont really have a say so its left in the hands of the parent to choose whats safe and whats not. I personally would never have had my own children posing for pics and placed them on a social networking site. why should I? If my children wanted to pose for the family album they would... (a) choose the pose themselves be it a silly or serious and (b) be at a reasonable age to decide for themselves which pics (if any) they wanted plonking on a website.
I think most people wil have double standard on this topic (myself included)

Oh and for the record I dont see a problem with you attaching a pic of your 9 year old to this thread if you so wish all Im saying is I wouldnt want to
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote