View Single Post
Old 29-12-2008, 16:36   #43
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Would you give permission for your childs pic to go public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Put it this way, whilst I dont mention my childs name on here, I know some people know what it is, how old he is etc. and details such as this are on Accy web for example for anyone to see. Add to that a picture as well, and any strangerwould be quite capable of having a conversation with him, with enough correct information to have him feel more secure than he should. Enough people are wary of identity theft, I holdmy son more important than my identity.
Another dangerous way of putting a child's identity at risk too Onlyme is the popular fashion of having your child's name labelled onto their school bags, t-shirts, hats, jewellery etc. A stranger sees this and can call them by their name. I would never have done this with my children and neither would my daughter. Think people should be aware of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
My daughter was on a picture in the observer office window.............without my permission, i was ready to go in but the missus persuaded me not to. MY kids, MY pictures MY decision.......MY kids, somebody elses pictures..............a very annoyed ME
Funny how times change, I used to look forward to going down Little Blackburn Road, and viewing the display outside Garth Dawson's window, which showed all the photographs of the last few weeks from the Observer. Was pleased as punch if mine was on there .. be it Carnival, pantomime, school, event, etc .. OK .. smaller catchment area but still open to public view and local crackpots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Untrue as a fact..
Good job too K-P or that Rhyddings calender would be in trouble ....
katex is offline   Reply With Quote