View Single Post
Old 29-12-2008, 23:40   #83
Studio25

Re: Would you give permission for your childs pic to go public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
So how would me taking a photo of perpertrators of vandalism and such interfere? Surely i'm giving them the evidence they need to charge the little scroats?
No- because the photos you take are unlikely to be "evidence quality"

What gets me is when the police say you're not allowed to film said "scrotes" because it's an invasion of their privacy. It's not remotely illegal, but what they are doing is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
You may be surprised to find there's no law preventing you from taking any photo anywhere.
hmm not strictly true.. it is an offence to take pictures of bank notes.. theres some other stuff as well
There are many official documents that you're not allowed to reproduce: In our line of work, the one we see all the time is the wedding register. Photographing them (specifically) isn't against the law. It's making unauthorised duplicates that's the problem - so any form of photocopying is wrong, including photography and videography.

Taking photos on private property is also only a problem if the owner demands that you stop and you don't; and even then the best they can do is eject you from the property and accuse you of trespass if you don't go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I have had the Police knock on my door to ask if my CCTV camera caught anything.
I've had that too, after a theft at the building site around the corner. Plus I've had the Accy Observer ask if the Great Harwood webcam picked up images of the people vandalising the nativity crib.

Last edited by Studio25; 29-12-2008 at 23:44.
Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote