View Single Post
Old 13-01-2009, 09:07   #1
Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

HBC has littered the Borough

This years Hyndburn Borough Council's Christmas tree collection scheme has been a complete shamble.

In Ossy the collection date was Thursday 8th January as reporting on the Councils website and the Observer. On Friday afternoon the streets were littered with Christmas trees that had not been collected. I phone refuse and was informed that on the Tuesday the collection vehicle had broken down so they had a backlog. She informed me that they should all be collected in Ossy on Friday, if not could I please call again on Monday. I called again on Monday to be given more apologies and assured they would go that same day.

Well today is Tuesday and they are still here. The bins have been collected today and the bin men have thrown them from the back street onto the pavement so they can get down the back streets with the bin wagon.

Why did HBC not hire a vehicle to continue the collection if they did not have a spare?

Is it just Ossy that has trees lying in the street still or have they missed collections in other areas?