View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 13:05   #43
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Re: Who Is Fed Up With Football?

Once every two years we have an international football competition that lasts up to four weeks and quite rightly it gets blanket coverage not just in England but all over the world.
:engsmil:
Wimbledon gets blanket coverage on both BBC channels at the same time but then it only lasts for two weeks. I don’t hear too many moans about that. But then in the main it is a women’s sport to watch.

I enjoy the football and shun the tennis because it doesn’t do anything for me. I also know where the OFF SWITCH is when the content on the available channels doesn’t appeal to me (like soaps) and listen to the radio or records/CD’s etc whilst surfing.

Whatever happened to live and let live?

By the way Mez – we don’t pay a fee to the BBC. The license fee is a license to allow you to set up a video receiving station in your home in the same way that we had to have a CB license to use CB or a driving license to drive. The government then funds the BBC and the funding is based on the license fee payments.
Read the back of the license – it states:
“You need a TV License to install or use any equipment to receive television programme services – for example a television set, video recorder, set-top box, PC with a broadcast card or any other TV receiving equipment.”