View Single Post
Old 29-01-2009, 18:46   #18
entwisi
God Member

Re: Bailing Out Banks

so the Goverment stave off some of the irresponsible banks and Barclays is deemed to be some how at fault because the new liquidity in the market?

Come on G you are rather pushing the boundaries there mate. The article is asking why the banks that have taken tax payers money pay tax abroad( at a lower rate no doubt). Barclays haven't taken any money so why should they explain themselves? They owe nothing to UK.GOV and are obviously running a tight ship to still be about to announce ~ £6 BILLION profit in teh worst banking period in recent history. Why do British people seem so intent on slagging off the successful? Look how hated MUFC, Chelsea, Arsenal etc are for being successful in football, Barclays gets it in Banking, Shell, BP etc in Oil. As soon as someone is slightly successful we look to bring them down. take even something like Diana Vickers. as soon as she is about to win stuff the press and public start clamouring for blood.

Sometimes I'm ashamed to say I'm british in the way we act.

why can't we actually be PROUD of success, with Banks the world over in trouble why aren't you shouting that we actually have a bank that is successful, that hasn't needed to go cap in hand to the GOV, that employs thousands of people the world over, that has huge community and charitable impact.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote