View Single Post
Old 29-01-2009, 20:12   #21
Caz
God Member

Re: Protest against foreign workers

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
accrington alone has a huge buisness called express gifts that mainly employees foreigners because the lazy arsed sods that doss around town all day cant be bothered to get a job

if it truely was a case of foreigners taking jobs away from UK citizens then yes i would be annoyed but lets be honest here the majority of jobs foreigners get are simply there because a lot of people would rather work up an asbo rather than a wage

i think its safe to say most people could name quite a lot of people who havnt lifted a finger working since leaving school so if they dont want the jobs then its no wonder workers are brought in from other countries

perhaps we should adopt americas take on benefits where you get 6 months payout from the govenment then your own then there wouldnt be jobs for foreigners to take

More likely the foreign workers will do all hours god sends in overtime. Usually they are in this country by themselves and have left their families behind, so the company know they are on to a good thing before they start. They have no family commitments which would prevent them from wanting to do so. They just want the money.

Have experience of this company, all my older kids have worked there at some stage or other. As have I myself for six months. Maybe the fact that me and others didn't want to do more than the expected hours overtime, and Saturdays- on a rota, and we have a life outside work, is why they are taking on these foreign workers rather than us Brits. Myself and a couple of people I know who have worked there, who flogged our guts out in the required hours, have been turned down to work for them again, and they refuse to give a reason...I wonder why?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote