View Single Post
Old 29-01-2009, 20:43   #23
Caz
God Member

Re: Protest against foreign workers

Yes it is a god awful place to work. Use to doubt that myself before I worked there. But to be honest if you want to give an example, Express isn't the one.

I would have quite willingly have gone back and worked for minimum wage, doing the alloted extra hours, for the extra cash, and not to be on the dole.

I did nothing wrong while I was there, (Clayton offices) I even helped train up incomers after me when the supervisor had gone off shift, which was expected, even though I didn't get paid for it, and it interrupted my own work.

But my reluctance to do even more hours overtime than written down obviously was noted.

The fact that if you do more than a certain number of hours overtime has a knock on effect on your tax credits the next year obviously isn't of interest to them. Nor the fact that you may be doing extra hours to your family's detriment..especially as a single parent.

As far as the teenagers hanging round town with no jobs, unless they stop their benefits, they aren't even going to try are they?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote