View Single Post
Old 29-01-2009, 21:12   #27
Caz
God Member

Re: Protest against foreign workers

As far as I know, if someone is laid off, they cannot legally take on someone in the same position for a certain period, I think it's 3 months but not sure , can't remember. Maybe they recreate it under a different title?

Would have no problem working for benefits, if I was signing on, but that is not the position I am in.

Sometimes I think the job centre have more interest in offering jobs to people who are signing on, and are there to play the system, just to get statistics down, rather than someone who really wants the job but isn't doing so. It's easy to take a dosser off the dole queue, and give them a placement, which may not even last that long, considering they don't really want the job in the first place. Yet people like me, willing to give our all, don't even count. We don't count as far as getting training for other options, going on courses etc. Would love to do a certain course, but it ain't available to me coz i don't sign on.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote