View Single Post
Old 31-01-2009, 16:10   #134
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Living off the fat of the land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't matter what I say, the bottom line is you detest PB, or anything he does, you really should throw your hat in the ring with Jones get a seat on the Council then you can at least do something constructive, mind you getting a seat on the council at the moment might be just a little hard, unless that is you tern to a shade of blue. And my last post wasn't an insult, if it was meant to be an insult I wouldn't have used smileys
Is selective/blinkered reading common to all Conservatives, or just yourself and Andrewb?

I don't detest anyone, and certainly not because of someone's political views.

If you'd care to re-read post 80 of this thread, you'd might see that I'd said some very positive, and nice things about Peter Britcliffe. Just as I have in the past when I think he's come up with something worthwhile. For example the Floral Market Town/ flower towers, how well the park looked for the summer concert, etc.

It does become very tiresome when the Conservative party faithful take every criticism as a personal attack. The whole forum knows that the Tory clique on Accy Web would be filled with glee if the criticism had been aimed at someone of another political party. The fact is I'd criticise anyone who had voted for these increases at the present time.

You even dig your own grave even deeper because of your close frienship with Cllr. Britcliffe, because you've made public exactly how much he did spend on his meal in London, £12.30, which is a hell of a lot less than the £25.00 he voted to award themselves, and a percentage increase much more in line with current inflation would mean no one would be out of pocket, and there would have been no story, and therefore no public outcry.

So before you become anymore hysterical I'll say again, I have nothing against Cllr. Britcliffe (see #80 for glowing testimonial), but I will continue to post about something I see as wrong, irrespective of the political allegiance of the person concerned.

Yesterday on this very forum I called some members of this government 'cretins', I notice you haven't accused me of 'despising' the Labour party for doing so.

Odd that.

Well perhaps not too odd, considering you only see what you want to see, and not all the facts that are laid before you.

Perhaps being a member of any one political party makes everything seem as if it's viewed through blinkers.

Happily I'm free from both one party allegiance...and blinkered vision.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote