View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 13:32   #30
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: How could we deal with doggy issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
attachment showing dog license fees in my local area , each city/town has a different fee
East Bay SPCA
interesting to note the difference between spayed/neutered dogs and 'whole' dogs
Surprised Garinda hasn't queried the varying prices in different areas .. dog pooh, dog pooh just the same wherever, except might be a better diet in some LOL. (sorry, I couldn't resist this one either )

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
There probably are but are there many like me that would ban pensioners too, don't know whats worse, dog muck under your feet or the pensioners, at least you can get past the dog muck
Don't think you will see pension age with remarks like that K.S.H.

I still think the cost of Neil's suggestions would over-ride the benefits here.
Would certainly need more than one dog warden in Hyndburn to test all the dollops.

When it came in, there would be people on benefits/pensioners, who already owned a dog and could not afford these new charges, to make some sort of claim for an allowance to allow them to keep them .. otherwise, would they have to have their animal put down ? More expense.

Even so, this would be prejudice against low income families from keeping a dog as the costs would be prohibitive.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote