View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 20:56   #14
Ossywarrior

Re: My new toy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Heh,

some asked so here's teh details.

As most on here have read, I currently drive a Volvo estate. Its a 200 bhp 2.5 litre turbo witha n LPG conversion. Its also driven the equivilant of to the moon. I've also ownedit longer than any other car in my motoring history. so I'm a bit bored and fancy a change. Also in our lives is that Julie is expecting and as new babies tend to suck teh life out of bank balances we thought it would be better to buy before its born than wait till after. So..............

Welcome to my ownership my new toy.

its got 310 bhp, an engine of 4.2 litres with 8 cylinders in the usual V formation, Rally pedigree 4WD

its got an all aluminium space frame chassis, is over 5 metres long, does 0-60 in about 7 seconds and is restricted to 155 mph top speed.

the interior is full leather, has dual zone climate, heated electric seats where even the keys are setup so when you get in it remembers 'your' settings for seat, seat belt and mirrors, elctrical headrests, electric rear sunblinds and top quality stereo. It has a 5 speed automatic with tiptronic gearchange and new cost more than 50 THOUSAND pounds.

Its also got a very well done quality LPG system fitted.

So what is it?

its an Audi A8 4.2 Quattro SPORT.

Luxo barge of amazing quality but 4WD monster of back lanes when the feeling takes you.

Pictures to follow when I've washed, clay'd and polished it

quality motor mate, thats the same engine as fitted in the rs4 if i remember correctly car is just a little big for me and im not a fan of the haldex 4wd systems they use in the audi's but i bet its a good laugh