View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 18:50   #260
g jones
Senior Member+

Re: Living off the fat of the land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Graham, your unbelievable. Labour ruined the council financially last time they were let loose.
Within 4 weeks of gaining power in 2002 we were given a Tory report saying how bankrupt the Council was. It is on record we began cost cutting in July and redundancies in August (from June) ***why would we do that???**. The Audit reports for 2000, 2001 and 2002 say the Council has significant financial weaknesses.

Andrew - once again you're wrong in desperately trying to float the sinking ship Tory.

Quote:
Labour have voted for increased council taxes, much higher than the Conservatives ones, 8 out of 10 times.
Plonker. Tories have put up Council Tax 5% every year from 2004 except one where it was 4%. Labour (amendment) have had their budget pass financial regulations and has been between 2 and 3.5% every year since 2004. In 2003 it was 4%.

Quote:
You introduce complex budgets, the empty house tax you mentioned earlier, to a vote at council, without informing councillors so they can look over it. You expect them to make a decision there and then, otherwise you'll rage on about how the Conservatives voted against it. Back of the fag packet politics and budgets.
The Tories bring many late decisions to Council de riggeur. We asked for a 20 minute recess and then a full debate which could have lasted hours if neccessary. The report was comprehensive and simple. People in the public gallery read it and could comprehend it. Tories voted to end the debate before it even started so how did Tories know how complex it was!

Andrew you are becoming one of those silly Tories that people laugh it because you are so ridiculous.

Quote:
You bang on about our council being the most expensive in the country, you've had it explained to you time and time again that it isn't, and how the paper came to the conclusion it did, but you continue to drill at it because it makes the Tories sound bad. To be frank, Im sure you understand the figures by now, and you're just being dishonest to keep saying its the most expensive.
1. The Daily (tory)graph did the reseach and printed the story
2. The Lancs Evening Telegraph ran the Hyndburn expensive headlines.
3. Labour Councillors reprinted the data.
4. Stop trying to censor anything anti-Tory.

5. The Conservatives have announced 3.6% Council Tax increase but they are pushing up their portion 7% I now believe with 10% cuts. Excellent Council, Excellent Finances???? Why rob people then with more high taxes.

6. You're not going to like our next leaflets then!

Quote:
We have democracy, your party just didn't win.
So we have to accept you're policies then? Not what you just stated regarding allowances. Andrew, think before you speak.

Quote:
Why don't you work with the controlling party for the betterment of the borough, instead of trying to trip the Conservatives up for your own electoral advantage. If you can't do that because of your hatred of Britcliffe, and Conservatives, then I have no idea why you're involved in politics.
Andrew - that's outrageous. You're last two leaflets front page MAJOR policy, Sport for all was worked up totally by me - not the Labour Group if we are getting personal, and re badged as Conservative. I take that as as a compliment.

Ditto The u-turn on Town Councils, Name Change, and the comprehensive financial way forward for the market hall which is now being done which is 100% me again in ideas and direction. The execution of my ideas you're quite right is the Conservatives prerogative.

And last month the Conservatives voted with my ideas on Working Mens Clubs. O&S agreed to look at my idea for a Town Planner and I have personally dragged blighted sites policies from the dark ages to average. Get rid of the Tories and it will be excellent.

Finally lets take a look at Tory failure in full horror. Woodnook. In 2003 Peel had 19% boarded up in Derby Street area. By 2006 it is none or 1.

You're an obnoxious person Andrew because you try and slur me yet I gave more than you'll ever know.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote