View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 15:18   #291
andrewb
God Member

Re: Living off the fat of the land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I notice you, or H.B.C., didn't make a legal challenge when the Daily Telegraph printed the story about Hyndburn having one of the most expensive Council Taxes in the county.

Might it be that although you dispute how they arrived at their findings, their lawyers are pretty hot at making sure their newspaper only prints the truth, for the reason that they'd be easily sued otherwise.

Anyway, we digress. This thread is actually about some councillors ignoring the recommendations of an idependent body, and voting to award themselves a higher limit for allowances.

Perhaps when you yourself actualy start paying a proportion of your income towards a Council Tax bill, you might be in a better position to judge if you think the increased allowances were really needed, or indeed if you thought what you received back in services was expensive or not.
I think I missed it.

The link, to the telegraph, clearly states we are not the most expensive council. Do you think its wrong for Labour to print that we are, as it is a lie?