View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 17:33   #94
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Cig End Fine at 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I can actually remember when ladies ddn't smoke in the street
True Jaysay, I always thought it looked rather 'common' .. but am now reduced to this ... have to sit down though, doesn't seem quite as bad as walking around with a fag in yer hand. Used to take a pit stop at local cafe with coffee for this .. but this has gone now. Ah well, will find myself taking a flask with me soon when I visit town, and next thing I will be seen to be eating in the street complete with napkin, candelabra, ash tray, laid out nicely on those stainless steel benches..proper little picnic ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
im just waiting for somone to get nicked for dropping fag ash on the floor because it is litering after all, infact the way smokers get treated lately it will probably be classed as fly tipping
No, that's OK Accyman (at the moment)... read it somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post

Anyway as someone who does smoke and as been known to drop fag ends on the road ... not on the pavement .. i always aim for a grate ... then yes she should pay the fine, she shouldnt have dropped it.
Observer running a poll on whether Pensioners should be fined for dropping a cigarette end on the street, seems like readers are agreeing with us here; at the moment, 82% saying yes. Feel someone is going to reply to her in the letters too Shill, giving her a hard time.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote