View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 16:59   #19
MargaretR
God Member

Re: Public seating in Hyndburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Do you hibernate annually Margaret?I ask because i suffer from S.A.D and do similar myself...Church.St in town during the day safe as houses x
Last winter I hardly went out due to bronchitis and (what I thought was) pleurisy, but wasn't (explained in my blog). I avoid SAD - I have a daylight lamp and take extra vitamin D to compensate for lack of natural daylight

This winter my hibernation began early Autumn due to chronic fatigue which I am in the process of curing with nutritional therapy.

I the summer I went on the coast bus driven by darwendosser several times, because I could stay on the bus when it was parked up and sleep on the seats when I needed to.

It is the overwhelming need to sleep at the most inappropriate times which reduces confidence to survive away from home for more than an hour at a time.

It isn't agrophobia - I have been out when I absolutely had to -eg, for trips to chiropodist and hospital outpatients appointments, and I do nip out in my slippers to buy eggs from the allottment next door.

Now this need to sleep has been largely replaced by a need to lie down - so I know I am on the mend. My body clock is still erratic. Last night I was awake all night until 5am and sunday I slept most of the day - but when all added up totals a normal 8hrs and not the 11hrs it used to be.

This life pattern does not fit well with a social life. Arrangements to meet friends and visit places can't be planned ahead.

I have all my physical needs met by deliveries (dont 'shop')
Any sense of isolation has been lessened by Accy Web, and I have managed to go to some meets.

I know that this lifestyle is not natural so I plan to end it (meaning 'be normal'), as soon as the weather warms up a bit, but after so long like this I need 'rehab'

Last edited by MargaretR; 10-02-2009 at 17:09.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote