View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 15:21   #33
Lilly
God Member

Re: Pool closure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What a stupid time to shut, next week is school holidays
It's better for them to do the work on the pool whilst there are no lessons on. Swimming lessons only take place in term time and this is where they make a lot of their money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Absolute shambles.

Why is it closed?

If it's not because of essential maintenance, then it should be open, even more so because it's half term next week.

The 'free activities' reminds me of the free coach to the coast for pensioners. They couldn't be funded anymore, but as if by magic, just before the elections, funds suddenly appeared, only to disappear again when the elections had been forgotton.

When the Sport's Centre opened 32 years ago, it was open seven days a week 7am-10pm. The only days it closed was 25/26th December and 1st January.

Some progress.
It's only the pool that's closed. The rest of the Sports Centre is open.

I was there yesterday. The sign said essential maintenence. I'm sure we've all heard complaints that no work has been done for a long time, now it's being done. People complain about the state when it's open then complain about it being closed for maintenence.

They can't win, can they?

Last edited by Lilly; 12-02-2009 at 15:23.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote