View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 18:08   #37
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Pool closure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Sorry .. LOL. Did puzzle me ....

Maybe they consider the salt in the sea as some sort of natural cleanser or summat ... sure they will have an explanation in defence.

Understand Lillie's point about the financial side of losing revenue from the clubs for a week, but not all children attend these clubs, and a good opportunity at holiday to take advantage of swimming. Surely more public spirited as a general service to lose a little money here.
Yes, but if the pool's only open for Muslim women, they're still swimming in the same water that recently had men in it.

Like I said earlier if any group wants to hire the pool outside of normal opening times fair enough.

If a public ammenity is being closed to the general public in order for a minority group to use it, and aren't paying for the privilege, then that stinks, especially when there's no reason why that group couldn't swim with other members of the public.

I'd be opposed if any group were being pandered to in this way. Be they Weight Watchers, men only swimmers, or red heads.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote