View Single Post
Old 13-02-2009, 21:08   #32
Royboy39
God Member

Re: New wine bar in Ossy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Good luck to them,but how many times have i heard 'wine bar' instead of pub? In todays financial climate,where most wine drinkers (mainly women)are downing thier chablis in the home (cheaper,no un-social smoking problems),i can't see it lasting too long after the novelty has worn off.Hope i'm proved wrong though.
Maxwell...I know exactly where you are coming from.
Luckily I am in the position of either enjoying a drink at home or meeting friends over a drink in the local bars and not looking over my shoulder to see if the anti smoking police are spying on me.
Spain chose to ignore the EEC directive on smoking.
I wonder why the UK did not do the same?
I can buy wine here for as little as 50p a bottle and its drinkable....If you want more upclass £1.50...and if you really want to push the boat out £3.00 a bottle.
A glass of wine in a bar would cost you 1 Euro....90p. with a tapas thrown in.
In the UK £3.00 for a far inferior wine.
If the UK was playing on a level pitch within the EEC maybe I would come home to roost otherwise I will stay where I am.
In Spain you pay for an opening licence called an Appatura and pay taxes as and when they become due but dont have rates that price you out of business.
We have a lot to learn and the sooner we tell the Lord of business cock ups to get on his bike the more we will all benefit.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote