View Single Post
Old 17-02-2009, 09:31   #58
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Baxenden girl needs £1,500 to save attacked cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly_45 View Post
As a huge animal lover myself i find your comment rather rude.Some people are very selfish! yes they are and you know why its because they fear the pain and loss of loosing a much loved family pet all to much.selfish in not knowing its time to kindly let your pet be put out of its pain and be Euthenized its the last gift we can do for them,we cannot do this for humans who are far to poorly to carry on.
I know the costs of owning a sick animal vets are not cheap im lucky mine are insured,i like my animals to have quality of life and if the quality is no longer there well im afraid its time to be brave and say goodbye.
People say oh its only a dog/cat yes it is to them.to me they are my world but if i cannot aford to pay a vet bill i cannot afford to keep a animal
I agree with every thing you've said Polly, just before Christmas my other half had to have her Dalmatian put to sleep, the poor thing had developed an incurable kidney disease. The vet said that she would only have a few months to live and that it wouldn't be a very pleasant time, so she had her put to sleep there and then, even though it was heartbreaking. The vet said that she had made the correct decision as in the same circumstances he would have done the same