View Single Post
Old 18-02-2009, 09:21   #591
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Jaysay i feel that you are the type of person i can relate too so i will ask you the question instead of another that is related to on here as i dont take kindly to being shot down people should have skills when addressing members of the public when i went canvassing with another it shocked me as we interacted with individuals just how many people had changed their vote to conservative these were working class people and living in very poor areas and some were on benefits due to being disabled or through no fault of their own. The question i pose to you why do you think this what is the explanation? I am trying to gain some knowledge in this area and is it the same in your district.
That question is a very hard one for me to answer really, as I haven't been on the knocker for many years due to Ill health. From my own point of view its not relevant as I've been a member of the Tory Party since I was 16 well before the onset of ill health. Some years ago a member of the local Labour Party wrote a letter to the Observer saying He could not understand why, a disabled person living in a council flat could vote Tory, my reply was simple, which was my disability is physical not mental and why, now that I'm a disabled person living in a council flat, not support the party I have supported since I was 16, he did not respond.

I think the thing to remember is that, as I have said many times before its not the Rich Toffs who elect Tory Governments, nor is it just the working classes that elect Labour Governments. I would think there are only 25% of the electorate who are committed to any one political Party even less now probably, its the floating voters that do that as no doubt we will see when Brown goes to the Country