View Single Post
Old 18-02-2009, 09:42   #592
Bernard Dawson
Senior Member+

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
The freedom of information act was brought in by your Labour government. It allows anybody to make anonymous requests. Councillor Dawson for some reason believes it's his right to know who requested it, and for one I may agree with him that the law should be changed, but that is not how the law stands, and he has no right to know who it is. Graham has shown his usual irrational hatred against the Conservatives leading to errors of judgement. He has not posted on here when any other data has been requested, only when he can try and trip the Conservatives up, but then again, that's local Labour all over isn't it.

I did not have to tell you it was me who requested it, I did not even have to tell you why I requested it. If it was for mud slinging, then good, we should have a transparent expenses system. It's public money after all, if politicians are not wasting it then why are you all kicking up such a huge fuss? I'm not going into the detail of my research project, It's quite frankly, not yours as a councillor, or anybody elses businesses. Where as your expenses are peoples business.

I guess I should thank members for such an amusing thread, not so much Graham for his ill intentions, but his errors were rather amusing. This is the last I'll say on the matter.
I'm pleased we agree on one point Andrew. I support the freedom of information act. But I also believe that an individual, whether they be councillor or not, also have a right to know who is seeking information on them.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote