View Single Post
Old 18-02-2009, 20:29   #651
Eric
God Member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The best way to form an opinion of someone is to judge how they instantly react to situations. You get a pretty true picture. Mr Jones I have seen you react to Andrew's request for an FOI and that has given off an image of your character and politics that stinks to high heaven. Observing how you carry yourself in a rehearsed arena such as the Council meeting where you act under rules and protocols would serve no purpose.

As I have said earlier, my knowledge of local politics is average at best. In truth, it bores me. I am sure a lot of people are in the same boat as I. I care about everyday issues such as when the bins are coming and the quality of the shops in the town centre. Aside from that? Not much else. On a general level however I like my politicians to shut up unless they're telling me how they're improving the issues of bin collections/quality of town centre shops etc.

I suggest you think before posting in future, Mr Jones.
The point you make about "everyday issues" is a good one: there is nothing dramatic or profound about having the garbage picked up on time, or having reliable policing, or filling in the potholes in spring (unless of course this bread and butter stuff doesn't get done); but I still fail to see what party politics has to do with running a town. Say you have two candidates running: one is an intelligent, reasonable, committed individual who will probably do a helluva fine job, and he is a Conservative; the other candidate has the IQ of a salad bar and the personality of a fecal sandwich without the bread, and he is Labour ... and the ward they are running in is predominantly Labour ... well, you get the picture ....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote