View Single Post
Old 19-02-2009, 17:30   #2
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Travelodge Blackburn or Burnley

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldclaytonian View Post
Hi All

Can anyone please advise me as to which of the two travelodges would be the best to stay in for about 4 nights, Blackburn would be my preference but would go to Burnley if there is a big difference. I know they are cheap and basic but if they are run down and dirty I won't bother and look elsewhere. I going back to sunny Clayton/Accy for a birthday party (my first visit for about 3 years and looking forward to it!!) and the Dunkenalgh want too much for midweek stays. Any other (clean!!) suggestions would also be appreciated
Many thanks
None of the Travelodges I have stayed in over the years have been 'cheap and dirty' and no more basic than some hotel rooms ... have everything you need. Ok .. some are older than others, but always of a very high standard. Both locally are fairly modern, the only problem with Blackburn is that it is on the service station. You will of course have to go to Little Chefs, etc., if you wish to eat close by. If it were me, would go for Burnley .. but depends on what you are looking for in terms of service.

The thing I like about them is that you pay as you check in and no hassle with queing up at reception to pay your bill before departure next morning. Always parking spaces of course.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote