View Single Post
Old 20-02-2009, 00:30   #802
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
This is a something I asked Andrew to answer, when he sent me a private message earlier, but he doesn't appear to want to provide an answer.

Maybe you would like to tell me how Peter Britcliffe last year claimed Members Allowances of £27760.59 which is over twice as much as the highest paid member of Rossendale BC, when Hazel Harding (who is leader of LCC -which has a budget of millons of pounds and provide 72% of the services in Hyndburn and the other district councils in Lancashire) only had member's allowances of £39983.
Here is a link to LCC member's allowances for 2007 to 2008

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/corpora...oc.asp?id=5295

The average household income in Church ward is £22K, it is obscene that Peter Britcliffe is claiming so much in allowances.

I would be interested in what thoughts the rest of you have about it.
£27,760.59 per annum?

...and the greedy bleeder is quibbling that he can't survive on the subsistance allowance that was recommended by an independent body?

No wonder the people of Hyndburn are getting sick and fed up with the people at the helm of H.B.C., as they try to scrape the money together to pay their council tax bills, which have to fund these increases.

I bet a lot of people would like to chose what they decide they are worth, and award themselves what equalled a 20% pay increase only the other year.

Nice work if you can get it.

To the people of Hyndburn who didn't vote for Cllr. Britcliffe, and have him as their council leader, on behalf of the ward that did elect him, I apologise.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote