View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 14:33   #22
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: [b]rubbish Tip[b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad
a single back gate cannot be opened more than 45 degrees, so a wheelie bin cannot fit through without doing some heavy alterations to the concrete steps leading up from it. thats why I am still on bags.
How would you go on if your council announced they would no longer take bin bags and delivered a wheelie bin or two? Apparently it's something to do with bin men not lifting bags up into trucks any more but just hooking the wheelie bin on and letting the truck do the lifting. They are not supposed to take things that aren't in the wheelie bin but I think in some cases they have done. I know at Christmas I had a lot of extra rubbish and they hadn't been one week so I rang up to find out what would happen and the woman I spoke to said just put bags next to the bin and they will be collected too as a one off.

In some cases people here have a green bin as well as a black one. The green one is for garden waste but they tell me I don't have a garden so I can only have a black one. That thing at the front of the house with a small wall doesn't qualify as a garden according to HBC.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote