View Single Post
Old 20-02-2009, 17:24   #876
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

*I dislike Peter Britcliffe mainly because of his sleazy attitude towards my football team, Accrington Stanley. It may seem simplistic to you, but it is not - as you infer all my opinions to be - because I am living up to 'a fake local celebrity culture'.
That's your opinion, and fair enough, but I find myself in the strange position of defending Cllr. Britcliffe here.

He's always been open that he's a Rovers supporter, but he's certainly used his column in the Observer to urge people to support Accrington Stanley, and I've seen him myself watching up at Stanley, probably when Blackburn were playing away, but hey he was there.

When Stanley won promotion back into the Football League, as far as I was concerned the event was met with enough civic celebration as the promotion deserved. I'm sure there would have been more of an outcry if H.B.C. hadn't marked the historic occasion with the parade and civic reception etc.

When all's said and done Accrington Stanley are a privately owned football club and business. I'm sure there are many other businesses in Hyndburn, many employing more people than Accrington Stanley, who'd love the chance to be supported with tax payers money to the tune of £84,000, no matter how mutually benefical an arrangement it is.

I'm sure that I'm not going to change your opinion, but I really felt in fairness I had to post that why you dislike him is wrong.

Stanley defend council cash injection - News - Accrington Observer

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote