Thread: 13 year old dad
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2009, 19:01   #110
campbellclan
Junior Member+

Re: 13 year old dad

I have read and contributed to this thread and therfore thought that this would be a good place to share an experience i had today.Whilst loading my shopping into a taxi at Asda, a young women and her child were doing the same. However the young women threw her half smoked cigarette on the floor, only for it to be picked up by her young daughter - possibly about 3 years old. The child promptly started smoking it and by the time i got to her she had taken a few drags. I removed it from her and put it out. I alerted her mother who promptly started to shout and hit the child. I stepped in - mainly because i dont think slapping a child around the head was the way to go.I then got the abuse - i can live with that. My point to this is that if we drag children up and behave in a cetain way the child (ren) will behave in that way towards their own children. This is a generalised view and i am sure that i will be corrected.I know its hard bringing children up - and mine have not been angels, they have had their moments, nobody has ever said raising children is bed of roses. But if you cannot be bothered to put the time in dont have them!
campbellclan is offline   Reply With Quote