View Single Post
Old 28-02-2009, 18:12   #109
andrewb
God Member

Re: Last Nights Council Meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
I
Incidentally NO members of the council interrupted his speech, but Peter (and some of his colleagues) made several interruptions to Clare's excellent speech. It was during Clare's speech, when I was handing out some sheets with figures about the funding of the refurbishment of Oswaldtwistle Civic Theatre that he referred to me as 'That Woman'.

Regarding the supposed underfunding in government grant - where do you think the £8.70 million for the HMR programme comes from - Father Christmas? It is money from a Labour government delivered by Elevate to fund the Housing Market Renewal programme in West Accrington. What about the LEGI funding that is helping several local businesses ? The 2 Health Centres in Accrington (one of which is in my ward) and the proposed new Health Centre in Great Harwood (which Peter tried to claim as being his scheme).

Andrew all this money comes from a Labour Government, or have you conveniently forgotten. Would a Tory government fund Hyndburn as well - considering your national leader thinks people should not live in the north of England. I think the south would get a little too heavy and fall into the English Channel if everyone moved South.
It's hard to even believe any of what you say when you're so focused on pushing your political agenda. You say things like David Cameron doesn't think anybody should live in the north, it's absolutely shameful, the lies you'll go to to try and get a hold of power.

I've been at council meetings where you've sat next to your pal Graham, who has been as rude as possible, interrupting other councillors and shouting out. For some reason you never came on AccringtonWeb to state it though. Wonder why?