View Single Post
Old 28-02-2009, 22:29   #287
onlyme

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
I have a confession - well they do say confession is good for the soul-to make about the allowances I am receiving this year from HBC - thought I should let everyone know before Andrew claims I have misled the public when the expenses of all councillors are published after the end of the municipal year.

(I do so hate that there is no spell checker on Internet Explorer - reminder to myself to use Safari instead).

Well sorry I digressed but back to the sublect of my post - My member's allowances for 2008 to 2009 also include £20.83 per month (which is £250 per year), which is an allowance for not having a Hyndburn Council laptop and printer but using my own PC, laptop and printer. I also pay my own broadband subscription and for all the ink cartridges and paper for my home printer. There are a several councillors from all parties who use their own PC etc and some who have a laptop and printer provided by HBC.

Ohhhhhh should we all stand up and applaud? My god, if its you breaking out the biscuits as well, the good members of the public should be scattering rose petals at your feet whilst you walk....

Or maybe you're just doing what countless other people do within their job role without feeling the need to broadcast it ona public forum.

When you have workers in the private sector not only working from home at their own expense (without claiming it back under expenses), hell, even our troops had to provide their own mosquito nets and decent boots for tours, your £20 odd means diddly squat to me. Especially seeing as I'm paying for it.

For someone like myself that doesnt particularly do politics, isnt a die hard supporter of either party, but open to suggestions when voting time comes along, the attitude and manners of the local labour councillors do nothing to sway me in their favour.

My child of 4 has better manners and social skills. Maybe if you remembered that potential voters are reading your posts, it would encourage you to act with a tad more dignity than i've seen previously
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote