View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 10:11   #331
andrewb
God Member

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Andrew over the last few weeks you appear to have set out to discredit by whatever means (and some of your means have been very underhand) Graham Jones. I don't have any problem with you being a Ultra Right Wing Tory, but to stoop tot the level you have done recently is completely unacceptable in my book.

I know you will say that this post is because I am a member of the Labour Party, but if I thought Graham had done anything underhand or wrong I would be the first to let him know. Despite Graham explaining the problems he encountered last year - and he is to be commended on how he looked after his Grandmother, (whilst holding down a Full Time job and doing all his work as a ward councillor and running for re-election to Hyndburn Council). Do you think you could do that? Frankly I don't think you could - maybe if when you are no longer a student (paid from from my taxes) and you enter the real world, you might appreciate just how hard working and honest, people like Graham Jones are.

Rant now over with.
No doubt Graham is a hard working councillor for his ward. I don't think he could run the council though as his politics of hatred that he portrays on this website, would get in the way. I don't have a problem with you mistakenly thinking I'm an ultra right wing Tory. Why are you not condemning Graham for trying to discredit me? He posted about a member of the public using the freedom of information act, and used vile name calling, slurs, and accused me of conspiring with somebody I had had no communication with over the issue. He even went further and involved his personal family issues, as a way of calling me a nasty person who lives and breathes gutter politics, despite the fact that the reason I requested the information was nothing to do with his personal situation. By all means he can explain his expenses legitimately using it, but to attempt to attack a member of the public for it is wrong.

It's very easy to make this more than it is, it's very easy to pretend that there is some big Conservative conspiracy to ruin Grahams name, but it's simply wrong. I'll always just post the truth, Graham could have come to me and asked if I had requested the information, but he decided to go ahead anyway and try to drag my name through mud without understanding any of the facts fully. He hates Conservatives so much that he can't see past it to think logically.

I like AccringtonWeb, it's a nice place, I like the community, I like discussing politics, but when councillors come on and accuse members of the public, we shouldn't get shot down for defending ourselves.

Last edited by andrewb; 01-03-2009 at 10:13.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web