View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 11:56   #128
derekgas
God Member

Re: Last Nights Council Meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The councillor was George Slynn, and he was a director of Barnfield Construction plus other companies all registered at Companies House, I'm not saying that there was corrupt practices going on, but it does seem very strange that a councillor of Bernards standing (can never understand why he's never been the group leader) doesn't seem to know and it maybe just me but the leader of the council being a director of a company that was undertaking a lot of council work did not sit well with me.
I just wonder if this only happens in hyndburn, and with only one political party, I would guess not, perhaps someone who has time should look at how many councillors etc are directors of companies carrying out work for council/government, I for one think the eaga grants money is lining the pockets of people that would maybe cause concern, I have no proof of this, it is an assumption, it is sad that we think in this way, but it is after all the way we have learned to think as a direct result of political corruption/greed.