View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 16:08   #134
Gayle
God Member

Re: Last Nights Council Meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Nice.

Can't really be called a bung I suppose, but an interesting thing to ponder for the people of Hyndburn who might now be on short time or out of work, that they may be indirectly funding free season tickets, courtesy of £80,000 worth of their Council Tax, when they are having to explain to their kids why they can't take them to see their favourite team.

Just as an aside to this - last year the Council gave a youth drama project affiliated with Oswaldtwistle Players some funding. As a gesture of thanks, Oswaldtwistle Players committee sent the council via Cllr Britcliffe some free tickets for the next show.

He came to see the show and brought with him a personal cheque to cover the cost of the tickets that he'd used.

Now, I know that the £20 for tickets for an Ossy Players show doesn't compare with the value of tickets given to the council for Acc Stan - but does show that Peter was completely above board with everything and didn't take advantage of the fact that the Council had given a grant.

Just thought I'd post something to show him in a good light.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote