View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 11:23   #17
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: The goalkeeper situation

Gotta say Shotgun, Eric and JC seem to be shrewd businessmen, and they have said that they will not be held to ransom over the wages. OK £100 might not seem a lot and as you rightly say, Jamo has been an excellent servant for the club and JK did a brilliant job last season and is an semi pro international. However, what about Jason Petkovic, and international goalie of some standing, assuming the work permit situation gets sorted, plus they are having a look at others. OK reports I have read on this sight seem to say that both goalies on trial at the weekend match against Burnley weren't much cop, but lets give them a chance to prove themselves. You only have to look at what happened to Telford and the old Accrington Stanley (1962) as well as a number of other clubs to see that unless the finances are right the team may well go under. I am certain that none of us wants that to happen and we certainly don't want to be known as the team that went bust twice!!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote