View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 05:28   #395
blazey
God Member

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Am I going crazy, or did G Jones just admit he used council money to make personal calls about his grandmother?

Thank god she isn't abroad, can you imagine how much THAT would cost?

Of course money means less than your emotions Graham, you aren't footing the bill are you?

I have a £35 a month contract which gives me 600 minutes a month, 10 hrs of calls and I most certainly do use them because obviously I am on the phone quite a lot both personally and for 'business', so I can appreciate how much you can actually spend on the phone when you are busy, but these phone bills are both just ridiculously excessive?

I think regional expenditures could quite easily come up in a politics degree, particularly as nearly every business is having to face serious cut backs at the moment and nobody can afford to be wasting money on luxuries, and certainly should not be doing so if it is tax payers money.

I feel Andrew is attacked a lot for being a curious politics student and it isn't particularly fair. He's quite mild compared to some of the politics students I know in Lancaster, particularly those within the Labour Club who are ALWAYS dishing out statistics against the tories.

Yes he might be seeking out statistics to make Graham look bad, and that isn't right, but at the same time it is quite interesting to see how much money these regional politicians are actually wasting, in some cases on self-confessed personal matters!

Graham, no offence or anything, but you may be able to get the sympathy on here for the expenditures, but at the end of the day, its those who know enough about politics that know that it isn't an excuse for using taxpayers money to make personal calls.

On the money you rake up unnecessarily on that phone bill you could fund another student through a degree in medicine, nursing, teaching etc. That would be a much greater benefit than raking up bills through personal calls.

I can't help but be slightly disillusioned by the labour party to some extent because a lot of the politicians on the left come up with some particularly poor excuses for wasting money, and yes the tories might do it, but they aren't the ones claiming to be in politics to help society as a whole, you are.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote