Thread: guess what
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 15:27   #25
blazey
God Member

Re: guess what

Selling properties is indeed difficult, particularly at the moment, I'm not an idiot.

But obviously as a student I have to be realistic and see life beyond accrington, and even lancashire and it isn't impossible.

I struggle to see what particular difficulty there would be to move with a two year old, I would have thought its more difficult as the child gets older due to schooling and such.

I'd have thought the best option at the moment available to home owners wishing to move is renting out their houses and renting themselves elsewhere or of course the perhaps controversial but increasingly popular house swap.

People aren't willing to think outside the box and create most of the walls they put up around themselves, it is my pet hate about coming home and I won't be coming home this easter just to avoid the soul destroying attitude that is rife in accrington.

It is sad to think that I don't even consider my home town that much of a home any more just because I feel like a social outcast for wanting more than what accrington has to offer but I guess that is the sad reality of it at the end of the day.

My friend messaged me online yesterday and said she's pregnant again and her key concern is if she has a girl because she currently has a little boy and she thinks her family will stop giving attention to him and favour the potential girl baby. She doesn't even want another baby, she didn't even want the first one.

People like Andrew and I are criticised for being students and not living in the real world and all of that nonsense, but when you look at what actually makes up 'the real world' of accrington, it isn't really worth diving straight into, if at all.

And students are currently pumping money straight into debt to get qualifications that won't even get them a job, but I'm still working hard and spending all my money just to have the chance to find a bit of experience, never mind a job.

If there is a will there is a way. Anyone who says otherwise either can't be bothered to make sacrifices to try or isn't looking in the right places.

And there are a lot of companies recruiting MORE people at the moment, I spend a lot of time involved in careers as I'm on the exec of a student run national careers society at university, so I know there are jobs and opportunities out there if people are willing to seek them out, and there are definitely a lot of interesting ploys to get around the restrictions of the credit crunch, as mentioned already with the housing.

The world doesn't stop because of the recession. It only stops if it snows
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote