View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 15:48   #11
Lolly
Senior Member+

Re: How bad is the credit crunch really affecting people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magily View Post
Wow Lolly I feel terrible for you. I assume that you get some sort of financial aid. It is not that I am naive it is I left England 21yrs ago and don't know what assistance people get who genuinley need it.Judging by some of the responses it seems depending on your financial status as well as what line of work you are in dictates to how this crisis affects you.
I get £60.50 a week income support.

Lilly I phoned the wine bar but didnt speak to the manager and was just told to leave my number and they would get back to me, they never did. I phoned over and over again to get to speak to the manager but never got to speak to him. Its their loss they wouldnt get a better bar maid and certainly not one who has more qualifications for working in a pub. I did numerous courses when I worked for Thwaites including customer service and cellar management. The nearest bar jobs on job centre website are Bolton! Thats how bad it is round here. I've applied for admin jobs as well as I have an ECDL and working knowledge of Sage Accounts programme, but not getting anywhere. I'll keep plugging away though, it is very disheartening though as ive been out of work for 4 months after being made redundant I couldnt tell you how many jobs i've applied for, well over 100 though. Agencies are rubbish as well.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote