Thread: Sat. job's
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 19:06   #15
WINGY

Re: Sat. job's

I can't believe i missed this thread..

I was a busy little-un me..
Mum and dad said that from 13 i should earn my pocket money, so i got myself a sunday paper round at Alfs on Nuttall st. That soon turned into a regular evening telegraph round + a sunday round....

Then i got a job on the market at Simons Fabrics, loading his van with gear and putting up/pulling down his stall. Then i got a job on another stall at the same time Maureens Shoes , putting up and taking down the stalls Tue Fri and Sat. Then i was head hunted (at 14 i might add) by a mancunian guy who had a sports stall on a tuesday, and paid better money than Simons, so i went there..
So i then did Maureens 3 days a week, sports stall on tuesdays,and maureen started doing a sunday market in Scarborough!! I was Loaded!!!!!.
For a while me and our kid put up rthe majority of the freestanding stalls on accy outdoor market.
At about 15 i started hanging around witha lad from school who worked on a farm, and offered my services there for quite a while for £5 a day BARGAIN!!
Whilst working there i landed a job at Martholme Grange. What a job! I worked 7 till 11 washing up and averaged 3 courses for 300 people fridays and saturdays (believe me thats a lot of dishes) than worked 11 till 2 Glass collecting, then poured the ale for the regular staff perties till gone 6!! (no money passed over the bar i might add) And during all this i managed to get an apprenticeship and went to college 1 day and 1 night a week, where i'm still working 10 years later.

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote