View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 05:43   #420
blazey
God Member

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
NO , if you are a pig at the public trough the public has a right to know how many truffles you are gobbling up , this applies to any employee paid from the pubic purse , elected or not , infact I would go so far as to say any Council/Govt. employees, job description, resume and qualifications should be open to public scrutiny to ensure taxpayers are getting the best value for money
I agree up to the point about qualifications and resume. These aren't really always a guarantee of 'quality' or 'value for money' and I don't think the general public are in a better position to decide such a thing other than those who are experienced in the field themselves and know what the job requires.

I think Robert Owen is wrong to suggest those requesting information should be prepared to declare their own details either because at the end of the day, that person isn't being paid by the public and it should be a right to have access to that information and it is already more along the lines of a permission rather than a right as it is.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote