View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 04:44   #439
blazey
God Member

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Just wait till you end up in a job where you have to travel away from your family and friends. I can assure you, at every opportunity you will be asking for a rise in expenses.
I can't really see the big deal in any of these phone bills or the london expenses or any of the other expenses. These people do a job. If they are away from home they should have a decent life and reasonable compensation. £10 in london for a meal? Your having a laugh! If you are in work and in London for your job you should be able to have food and drink to a level you are happy with. Sometimes it might be £10, sometimes it might be £40, but you should have the option as it is not exactly your choice to be in London in the first place.

I found an all you can eat buffet in London for a fiver last time I was there. Obviously I have to stay in hostels when I'm in London though because I can't afford that much. I'm in London next weekend actually. Not sure I'll be near the buffet place though, its just down the road from Imperial College though. I forget what the road is called. Something to do with Museums though I think because there are a few museums on that road! I ate at that buffet place every day the time before last I was in London.

Obviously expenses should be different depending on the place of work though. London allowances shouldn't be the same as if you were visiting a town for example.

And obviously you get an allowance for personal calls, which is fair enough, I'm not saying there should be no personal calls at all, but it should be reasonable.

The fact that I'm saying the expenses Graham paid for himself shouldn't be included in the final sum isn't offensive in my opinion. It currently makes him look like he spends more public money than he does, so it should at least highlight how much of that he offsets himself. I don't see why anyone would disagree with that.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote