View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 12:09   #443
Bernard Dawson
Senior Member+

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I think it is sad that I can be called a 'silly mindless bitch' just for giving an opinion on this matter.

It's free information, you can't STOP what someone does with it so I suppose the only point of being able to ask what it was going to be used for is to prepare yourself for what is to come.

I've always been of the view in any case that it makes no sense to act guilty if you aren't guilty. And if you're innocent then you'll have no need to worry.

I think politicians are given too much money for accommodation and food allowances personally.

Anyway this silly mindless bitch has to go to work today and arguing against my right to information seems pointless to me, so I'll leave you all to it.
I don't disagree with a lot you say. On the allowances question, the level generally is too high.

I would also like to see the council take a good look as to whether some of these trips and conferences are really necessary in the first place.

You mention how much it cost you in London the last time you went. The last time I went I probably managed it just as cheap. I stayed in St Paul's Youth Hostel in the centre of London. And went to Weatherspoons for something to eat.

I am not sure though that I could persuade the leader of the council to stay in a youth hostel.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote