View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 12:56   #9
southernred
I am Banned

Re: Coleman fan concern

1033 fans = less than 1/5th of the 'disputed' capacity.
If they gave free tickets to all the schools in hyndburn and say 1400 turn up = increased attendance, better atmosphere and if they all bought a drink say thats £1400 towards wages that they dont see now. Helps keep intrest within the club and hopefully generate a few more fans.

Whilst sounds a nice idea,

However draw backs!!

1) School children can only buy "soft drinks". The only place you can buy a "club soft drink" is the Buy the House Lounge. Capacity 180ish, already used for kids club, sponsors etc. You wouldn't fit too many more people in.

2) Food + drink on the ground (excluding the beer huts) is franchised. ASFC get a fee only. Extra takings go to those that run them. However no risk to ASFC. Take Tuesday night, all the cooked food was given away by the owners.

3) 1400 kids would take an awful lot of stewarding!! How many regular paying customers would be truly happy to have their match day interupted by 1400 free children, possibly not really watching the game???

Trust me I'm all for incentive's to bring in "new blood", however there has to be a balance and a purpose to everything!!
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote