View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 09:04   #41
SPUGGIE J
God Member

Re: Is this Justice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Oh, and as for the observation about unequal distribution of wealth.......so then, do you beleive that it should be a society where if you want something and can't afford it, then you can take it from someone who has it?

I was brought up in a time when people were poor....but we didn't steal and mug people to get what we wanted.
We were taught that if you wanted something you worked for it.
Sadly to the detriment of society the old honest values you cherish Margret have gone the way of the Dodo. We are now left with the values of the gutter and destruction that has become so prevelent in our society. Is it not time we forced the issue and went back to the old values and stop the gutter rats ruining our lives and extending their reign of chaos?

I have some of the old values and beliefs and think of them as my old fashioned foibles. Ok I am no teenage/twenty something but I hold my foibles dear and suppose proud of them. I am no angel but I do know right from wrong and respect others rights but they dont even come close nowadays. The thing is though the longer this is allowed to go on the more trouble we are storing for the future not just of my daughters generation but that of my grand and great grandkids.

The outcome will be more interference in our lives from central govenment, god forbid a police state, suspension of our rights n liberties. In other words an Orwellian society of what would be best discribed as one of obedient zombies with the get up and go of a slab of concrete. The only way to avoid this is less interference less reactive and more helpful proactive help. I hope I dont live to see the day that what I cherished is removed because the scum and dirt were allowed to run amok. Should it reach that stage then the phrase "the good old days" will be a very real truth.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote