View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 11:43   #1
garinda
Give, give, give member

Smile Thank you Greg Pope.

I've just recieved today's post and I'm chuffed to little mint balls.

Baically I was issued with a parking fine last year in Accrington, and have had no success myself in resolving this matter myself, but thanks to the help of Greg Pope the matter is now at an end.

Long story, and should serve as a warning about the 'firms' who police private car parks on behalf of the firms who employ them.

The following are extracts from an original letter sent to both the retailer and the car park firm.

'This fine was issued whilst shopping at Style Furniture, Grange Lane, Accrington on 22nd January, 2008. We left the car on the carpark, with the owner’s permission, only to go to the bank so we could return to purchase furniture from your client’s store. On our return we found a parking ticket attached to our car.'

'I immediately asked the owner of Style Furniture why we’d been issued with a ticket, as we were customers and had permission from them to park there. He took the issued fine off us, and said he would contact the company and explain that it had been issued by mistake. The ticket, and all the relevant contact details, were left with the owner of Style Furniture.'

(A year later I)'...received a letter demanding £100.00 to be paid within 28 days, after which time the fine would rise to £135.00, and if it wasn’t paid a threat that the matter would then be passed on to a firm of bailiffs.'

The letter was sent to a company called CPM, Carpark Management UK Ltd, PO Box 201. Accrington BB5 6WP, who demanded the money. No number to call to query any matter, and just a P.O. box as a contact.

I recieved the new fine, after presuming it had been dealt with over a year previously. It actually arrived on my birthday.

I did panic, fearing I was about to be visited by baliffs, or to appear on a credit blacklist, and paid the £100, not wanting to have any more hassle in my life than I already have.

Although Style Furniture were pleasant they insisted that my problem was with the firm they paid to police their carpark. My letters were ignored and I was at my wits end what to do next.

I know that without the help Greg Pope, and the influence and pressure he has at his disposal, I wouldn't just have recieved a full refund and a letter saying the matter is now resolved.

Thank you so very much for your help.

Last edited by garinda; 11-03-2009 at 11:45.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web