View Single Post
Old 14-03-2009, 18:39   #23
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: Notts County Match Thread

Having just returned from the game, I have to say, although Stanley were under pressure for part of the game, Notts County were not that brilliant in front of goal either. John Miles was unlucky with a curler late in the second half, and I have to say, Stanley looked the only team likely to score. Referee and his assistants were total ham shankers. Paul Mullin again was wrestled from the ball on god knows how many occasions yet he was the one penalised every time. At one point in the match, I actually thought he was going to lose his cool. And quite rightly too. 2 players front and back of him jumping all over him yet he was penalised and got into a bit of an argument with the man in the middle.I honestly thought he may see red or yellow at the very least, but a stern talking to defused the situation. Yes a very well won point which could quite easily have been 3.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote